People often think they need to be gourmet chefs in the kitchen, but the simplest meals, using only a few ingredients, often taste the best and can enhance your health. There are three simple steps to remember when cooking it’s keep it… FRESH – SIMPLE – MAKE IT YOURSELF.
Read more about Teressa in our latest feature article.
DETOX ENERGY SALAD
RECIPE FROM PURELY DELICIOUS
INGREDIENTS (2 SERVES)
4 handfuls mixed leafy greens (cos, butter lettuce, iceberg, rocket, spinach, micro greens etc)
1 avocado, quartered
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons roasted buckwheat
2 tablespoons goji berries or the jewels from 1 pomegranate
2 teaspoons ground flax seed (linseed) or LSA
- Arrange the salad leaves into serving bowls.
- Add the avocado quarters and sprinkle over the seeds, buckwheat, flaxseed and goji.
- Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over the top of the salad before serving.
- Make a simple dressing – 4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic or lemon juice.
STRAWBERRIES + CREAM SMOOTHIE
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1)
½ cup strawberries
1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Protein
1 cup almond milk, macadamia milk, rice milk or water ½ cup ice
- COMBINE all the ingredients into a blender.
- BLEND until smooth and creamy.
- POUR into glasse and enjoy.
- STORE in the fridge for up to 3 days.
ZUCCHINI LINGUINI RECIPE
FROM PURELY DELICIOUS
INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
1kg zucchini 100 g baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons basil pesto
2 bunches parsley, roughly chopped
2 bunches basil, roughly chopped
1 clove raw garlic 40 g roasted pine nuts
2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice Generous amount of ground black pepper Generous pinch of sea salt
15 g Parmesan, grated (optional)
4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- Slice the zucchini into linguini using a mandoline.
- Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pesto and lightly mix in making sure all the zucchini linguini is covered by the pesto. The zucchini will soften slightly & taste amazing.
- Serve cold as a salad or continue with the next steps…
- Sauté in a pan if you want to devour this warm.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add half the zucchini (smaller batches work better) and toss through lightly with the spinach until warmed through.
- Serve topped with fine grated Parmesan and a few roasted pine nuts then enjoy.
See online at www.thehealthychef.com for more healthy, easy recipes